Monday, June 9, 2008

Family and (mostly) Dry Media

I can only imagine that this is what Allison thinks every time she sees me with Sawyer.

And in this week's installment...strange gestures...
Finally, some sketches from this week at church. Allison and I are on a rotation schedule where she attends one meeting and I attend the other. I've been going to the 11:00 and she's been going to the 1:00, but this week we switched so I got to see some new faces. I also thought I'd switch it up by trying out some color pencils. I hadn't touched my Prismacolors in forever, so I dusted 'em off and gave 'em a spin around the block.

Somehow a Kelly Loosli look-alike was attending church at this building today...
And a little inkwash...you didn't expect all dry media, did you? Well, I mean, I did drybrush, if that counts.

6 comments:

Claire Gordon said...

Anthony, I love your journals! They're hysterical and always brighten my day. Sounds like Sawyer's doing well!!

Michael Mercer said...

Don't cheat yourself! Maybe you will be more famous, or at least more influential in a positive way. Which in the next life, means famous!

C.B. Canga said...

thanks for stop'n by my blog. these are great. i like the idea of sketching in book. keep it up.

Thierry Cattant said...

Very nice characters, I find them so expressive & funny.

Chelsea Stebar said...

Wow. The monkey picture is awesome. And your journal, as always, made me laugh quite a bit. Though I would hate to see the look on poor Sawyer's face if you actually gave him a tamale...

Laura said...

Ahahaha, Milk-drunk baby. Cute. :)

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.